1. First make sure that you are signed onto your Humi account. Navigate over to the left nav, and and at the very bottom, you will see settings. Click on settings.
2. You will now be on the settings page. Click on the second tab, which is called "Roles and Permissions". Now you will see the roles and permissions page.
3. You are now on the roles and permissions page. To add a custom role, click on the blue + button in the bottom right of the page.
4. An add role page will pop up. You can pick one of the presets or create a custom role from scratch.
5. When you have picked what you want, a new screen will popup, allowing you to give a name and a description to your custom role. When you are satisfied with the information you have input, click save.
6. You are now on the module access page. To change modules that you want employees to have access to, click on the arrows on the right, then toggle the specific modules that you want them to have access to. For this example role, I want to allow this role to be able to manage time off, so I'll go into time off and toggle manage time off requests to on.
7. When you are satisfied with the module access that the employee has, click the blue next button on the bottom right.
8. Permission levels control which employee profile data is viewable by this role. Granting edit permissions allows this role to create, update, and delete information.
Note: The "lock" symbol means that this role cannot see the field. The "eye" symbol means that the role can see the field, but not edit the field. The "pen" symbol means that you can see and edit the field.
9. When you are satisfied with the permissions levels of the custom role, click complete.
Congratulations! You now know how to create custom roles.