1. Make sure that you are logged into your Humi account. Navigate over to the left nav, and click on employees.
2. You are now in the employee directory. Find and click on the employee that you want to override time off for.
3. Now that you are in the employee profile, click on the time off tab.
4. You are now in the time off tab. To get to overrides, hover over the blue + sign in the bottom right of the screen. There you will see 2 grey circles pop up, click on the top grey circle to add override.
5. A screen to edit time off will pop up. Put in the leave type, the effective date, which is the day you are doing it on, set days used to (0), and set accrued used to (0). Hit the blue save button.
Note: The example we will use here is that we want to override Selina Kyle's time off to be 10 days of vacation instead of 19 in the "Vacation - 20 days" policy.
6. Now look at the balance summary, and write down the number in the "Vacation - 20 days" policy. In this case, the number is 1.97 days available.
7. Next, go down to "Overrides", click on the three dots, and click "Delete" to delete the override request you just made.
8. Now add another override. In this override put in the leave type, the effective date, set days used to (0), and set accrued to the number of days you want them to have (10) minus (-) the number we got in the first override (1.97).
In this case we would set accrued to 10-1.97=8.03. Click save when are satisfied with the numbers you have input.
9. You will now see that we have reached the 10 days available in the "Vacation - 20 days" policy that we did our overrides to get.
Congratulations! You now know how to override time off that does accrue up front. Click here to learn how to override time off that does not accrue up front.