1. First, make sure you are logged into Humi as an Admin. Now look over at the left navigation bar and click on "People".
2. Now that you are in "People", search for the employee that you want and click on their name.
3. Now that you are in the "Employee profile", click on the "Time off" tab.
4. You are now in the time off tab. To get to overrides, hover over the blue + sign in the bottom right of the screen. There you will see 2 grey circles pop up, click on the top grey circle to add override.
5. A screen to edit time off will pop up. Put in the leave type, the effective date, which is the day you are doing it on, set days used to (0), and set accrued used to (0). Hit the blue save button.
Note: The example we will use here is that we want to override Traci Thomson's time off to be 3 vacation days instead of 4.53 in the "Vacation Summer" policy.
6. Now look at the balance summary, and write down the number in the "Vacation Summer" policy. In this case, the number is 0.03 days available.
7. Next, scroll down to "Overrides", click on the three dots, and click "Delete" to delete the override request you just made.
8. Now add another override. In this override put in the leave type, the effective date, set days used to (0), and set accrued to the number of days you want them to have (3) minus (-) the number we got in the first override (0.03).
In this case we would set accrued to 3-0.03 = 2.97. Click save when you are satisfied with the numbers you have input.
9. You will now see that we have reached the 3 days available in the "Vacation Summer" policy that we did our overrides to get to.
Congratulations! You now know how to override time off that does accrue up front. Click here to learn how to override time off that does not accrue up front.